- 0 outs
- Runners on 1st and 3rd.
- Runner on 1st takes off to steal 2nd.
- Batter hits a fly ball into right.
- Runner on 3rd tags up and scores.
- Runner on 1st is doubled off 1st.
- Runner on 3rd would have scored regardless of runner on 1st.
- Does the batter get an RBI and does it count as a sacrifice fly?
THE COACH’S ANSWER
Based on the scenario above, the batter would be credited with an RBI and a sacrifice fly.
Thanks for asking!
Download this cheat sheet to optimize underperforming posts on your website.