Our two best articles for parents new to baseball will help parents support and encourage their new baseball player.
Introduction to Youth Baseball For New Parents
11 Tips For Baseball Parents
Properly equipping your player is a key to your players success on the field and your players enjoyment of the game.
- Essential Baseball Equipment – Learn what you need and do not need to buy for your player
- Our favorite gear – Includes poly wiffle balls you can hit with you metal bat for good at home batting practice!
Resources for Practicing Baseball
- Fun Baseball Drills – Keep practicing fun for maximum benefit!
- Articles on Learning Fundamentals – learn the skills and about the positions
- Basic mechanics skill sheet for coaches and parents – cheatsheet for coaching fundamentals
- Learning How to Hit a Baseball
- Helping Your Son Become a Pitcher
- Proper warmup & stretching procedure
- He’s Just a Boy – Baseball poem that is a good reminder for all of us.
Learning About Baseball
- Basic Rules – Balks, Infield Fly, Obstruction, Interference
- Learn about more baseball positions: What Position Should I Play?
Educated Sports Parent
We recommend our sister website Educated Sports Parent for great information for parents about sports and parenting.
Baseball Situations Quiz
Do you know the essentials of baseball situations with runners on and the ball put in play? Take our baseball situations quiz and test your knowledge!
More Baseball Quizzes
More quizzes here: Baseball Quizzes
Get Coach Dan’s Book With Over 200 Tips
[easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B072F1FRX9″ key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”myyouthbaseball-20″]
Special discount for MYB readers: Get over 200 baseball drills, 100 videos and dozens of practice plans with a Baseball Zone Membership. Use discount code “HOMERUN” for 25% off today. Sign up now.
Get Our Free Baseball Drills & Skills eBook!
Essential Equipment for Your Baseball Player
Hitting Mechanics Videos
Teaching Basic Pitching Mechanics
Essential Baseball Hitting Drills
Infield Basics and Fundamentals
All 200+ of Our Articles