- Wiffle Balls
- Players each with a bat
- Players form a circle around the coach.
- Spread circle out, so that players have sufficient room on each side to swing the bat, without hitting someone.
- Coach, standing in center, pitches wiffle balls to each player in turn, around the circle.
- Object is to get a line drive or ground ball which hits the coach.
- When the bag is empty, have players set their bats on the ground, pick up wiffle balls.
Kill the Coach is lots of fun. Minimal equipment is necessary and it is easy to do. Players go wild when one of them manages to “hit the coach”.
Drill Within The Kill the Coach Game:
- Encourage the baseball players to locate the ball at release point, see the ball early.
- Attempt to get them to load/stride, before you release the pitch.
- Every now and then, don’t release the ball, just to see if they are where they should be. They should be straight on line with their front foot down. Younger players have a tendency to not stride, then hit; but wait to stride as they swing.
NOTE: Replacing wiffle balls with smush balls makes it easier to throw strikes. They also do much better in the wind. Players are able to hit them harder, which they like.
Download this cheat sheet to optimize underperforming posts on your website.