Get a four-seam grip – a fastball grip across the C of the baseball’s seams – to throw the ball as straight as possible to the first baseman. A four-seam grip provides the optimal backspin on the ball making the ball go faster and fly straight. When you are trying to get an out you don’t want the ball to run or sink after making a great play. It is easy to rotate the ball in you hand without looking after pulling it out of your glove. This is something you can practice while you’re watching TV.
- Tips For Stealing Bases
- What is a Balk in Baseball
- Baseball Practice Equipment
- What a Baseball Coach Should Bring to a Game
- Tips for Stealing Home Plate
- What Baseball Position Should I Play?
- Proper Way to Grip a Baseball – Four Seam Grip
- Baseball Position Chart
- Getting Prepared For High School Baseball
- Ways to Achieve a Quality At Bat